Account Manager / London
Spring is home to a global community of affluential industry leaders, creators, marketers and entrepreneurs in the business of shaping contemporary culture. Combining a creative agency, studios, state-of-the art production infrastructure and event space. Spring Studios delivers premium branding, content and experiences for aspirational brands and cultural institutions.
The Account Manager is responsible for the effective day-to-day management and successful delivery of projects across their accounts. You will work closely with your client counterparts, helping to build strong and trusting client-agency relationships. In addition, you should build a deep understanding of your client’s business and have a general passion and interest in industry news that is not only relevant to your clients but the Luxury/Fashion/Retail/Beauty/Lifestyle sector as a whole.
As an Account Manager at Spring, we expect you to not only support in the successful running of large accounts, but also take ownership of smaller projects with light touch oversight and guidance from the AD or GAD. You should be a strong communicator, who is well versed in managing upwards, gaining trust from senior team members, as well as build strong cross-department relationships with for example, Creative, Strategy and Production. Strong project management skills are key to the Account Manager role. You must be naturally well organised, have excellent attention to detail and be good with financial data. Managing projects through Spring’s financial and resourcing system is an important requirement of the role and you will regularly support on the reporting of the status of client accounts. With time, we expect a Spring Account Manager to develop a good understanding of the strategic development phase of a project and how this guides a creative approach, have sound creative judgement, and learn to articulate an idea with authority in a compelling and succinct way. Importantly, we are looking for an Account Manager who is enthusiastic with an entrepreneurial spirit, someone who is able to motivate a team, provide stability to their projects and add inspiration to the department and their work.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the agency strategy, and an ability to articulate how this is translated across the different channels.
• Be a fountain of knowledge on client’s business, regularly reviewing client and competitive information, and keeping abreast of industry trends. Promote insight and information to the agency team.
• Able to input into the creative brief and at times create a more tactical task brief through the strategic knowledge of their client.
• Be the ‘go to’ person on the account, driving all internal deadlines and working alongside the creative teams to ensure all work developed and presented is relevant, on brief/budget, and in keeping with the client’s brand objectives.
• Understand the value of a creative idea and truly champion it.
• Take part in brainstorms – imparting ideas at all relevant opportunities.
• Feed the creative development process with an understanding of the brief, the strategy, knowledge of the brand and the competitive set.
Production & Project Management
• Take responsibility for delivery of timelines to the client, ensuring all internal timings fit with the client schedule.
• Work alongside Head of Project Management and Creative Resource
Manager to ensure adequate resource is dedicated to the task and that it is aligned with the scoped staff plan.
• Be on top of risk mitigation: Alert the GAD/AD if there is a risk of timelines and budget not being met.
• Brief production and ensure all information is clearly fed through to the appropriate teams throughout the production and post-production process.
• Work with the GAD/AD to ensure projects are delivered on budget and to scope/brief. If the agency decides to deliver over and above the client expectations, ensure there is an option within the proposal which works to the initial budget as outlined in the client brief.
• Always suggest a solution rather than passing on a problem.
• Build solid and trusting working relationships with day-to-day client counterparts through clear communication, project management, honesty, and integrity.
• Go beyond a tunnel vision of project-based communication to have a meaningful relationship with clients that helps to build a foundation for organic growth of the business.
• Demonstrate that you take a keen interest in the client’s business, attending relevant events, feeding clients with interesting insights and news.
• Work with the GAD/AD to proactively generate ideas to that can strategically and commercially advance the client’s business.
• Be the source of information on the client’s business in terms of gaining insight on internal business updates or meetings, and use the knowledge to fuel the creative process and project management.
• Ensure that all necessary administrative paperwork, such as weekly status reports, contact/finance reports, scopes of work and estimates are provided by the agency.
• Inspire, motivate and drive all members of the agency departments, ensuring that all members of the team understand their responsibilities and expectations.
• Begin to develop management skills with the Account Executive as a support to the Account Management function, providing clear direction and guidance for this person.
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day financial management of the account including working with GAD/AD to build estimates, manage invoicing and payment.
• Manage the client finance tracker, ensuring it is kept up to date and accurately tracked. Review on a bi-weekly basis with your GAD/AD.
• Ensure Spring’s finance system is kept up to date on a weekly basis with accurate information.
• Work with relevant departments to ensure client budgets are adhered to.
• Build commercial awareness to assist GAD/AD with organic growth of business from existing accounts.
Qualifications – Required
• 2-5 years of relevant account / project management and agency experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent people and project management skills
• Strong written and communication skills: the ability to write clear presentations and creative briefs
• Strong organisational skills
• Highest level of attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well with and manage a team of people across departments
• Good commercial acumen & ability to understand a client’s business needs
• Interest in luxury, retail, beauty, lifestyle and fashion industry
• Genuine curiosity of culture, with a global vision
• Driven, positive, resilient, focussed
Experience – Desired
• Digital / social media marketing experience is highly desirable
• Event management experience is highly desirable
• Retail and/or high-end beauty and fashion experience and knowledge
• An understanding of, or experience of working with Chinese brands or within the Marketing/Advertising industry in Asia is of benefit
• Italian or French language is a strong plus, but knowledge of any additional language is a benefit
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Salary: Dependant on experience
Reports to: Account Director/ Group Account Director
Responsible for: Potentially 1 x Account Executive/ Graduate Trainee