Art Director / New York
Spring is an innovative 360 agency creating communications for fashion, beauty, lifestyle and luxury brands. We connect culture, creativity and ideas to transform brands and drive aspiration for consumers globally.
As part of a global multi service group, Spring includes the integrated creative agency, end-to-end production, state-of-the-art studios and is home to prestigious events. Founded in London in the late ’90s, Spring started strictly as studio space for still and motion shoots. As the studios hosted more and more leading photographers, publications and brands, the company expanded, building audiences within fashion, beauty and luxury and creating global prestige campaigns, engaging content, and high-end cultural events. In 2013, Spring expanded to New York and in 2017 it launched in Milan.
Position: Art Director / New York
The Art Director plays an important role within the creative department, collaborating on a variety of brand projects. Duties include developing and executing innovative concepts and creative for a wide range of brand projects.
The key aspect of the role is to develop conceptually creative ideas and the ability to work independently as well as in partnership with our team of visual and copy creatives. Robust client management and presentation skills are required.
Knowledge of contemporary culture with interest in fashion, beauty and/or the luxury sectors is a must.
- Present and communicate effectively with clients and internal teams
- Partner with Senior Art Director and Creative Director on concepting and delivering exceptional creative work
- Execute multiple projects from concept through completion
- Maintain and develop the Spring brand
- Collaborate with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Manage and mentor junior team members.
- Developing concepts to suit the client’s needs, budget and timeframe.
- Lead visual and cultural research
- Strong Understanding of strategy and experience executing strategic direction
Qualifications, Skills and Characteristics – Required
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Expertise in Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Full working knowledge of and experience in social, brand and logo development , print & digital
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and to delegate work efficiently.
- Strong communication skills and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent typography, layout and design skill
- Good judgement, highly organised and methodical.
- Confident and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely motivated
Experience – Required
- +2 years experience as an Art Director
- +5 years experience in design
- Previous experience within a digital or creative agency
- Beauty and luxury experience a must
- Experience on set with minimal oversight
- Experience in Creative Suite, Keynote, Adobe, Microsoft Office.
To apply please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Spring is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.