Associate Creative Director / New York
The Associate Creative Director (ACD) serves as a key creative leader in the agency, advancing Spring’s work quality and success with clients. The ACD has the responsibility to lead projects from concept to completion, partnering with leaders in Strategy, Account, Production, Events and Technology.
- Work with Executive Creative Director/Creative Director to guide the creative department in design and delivery of creative concepts, campaigns, design and experiential work.
- Work closely with Executive Creative Directors/Creative Director to ensure work meets Spring standards. Regularly report to ECD/CDs to help keep the overall department on track.
- Provide creative direction on a combination of holistic campaigns, ecommerce/site design, content creation and conceptual integrated projects to exceed the clients’ expectations. Lead mid-level and junior creative teams and sessions to progress client projects.
- Supervise and inspire the creative team to generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project to arrive at our best work. Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
- Impart the Spring brand sensibility into all creative output, by championing a deep understanding of the quality and look/feel befitting Spring’s elevated and innovative vision.
- Think conceptually and ideate for holistic and digitally powered brand campaigns, even if not requested within briefs. Develop concepts to suit the client’s needs, budget and timeframe while smartly upselling additional agency work.
- Drive agency growth through participation or leadership of business pitches, including both identifying new opportunities and up-selling/cross-selling in existing client relationships.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Work with the account team, strategy team, tech team and integrated Spring teams to develop concepts.
- Work across Spring departments to concept and create Spring cultural programs.
- Display a strong understanding of Luxury, Fashion, Beauty and Retail sectors as well as a deep connection to culture relevant to Spring clients.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Characteristics
- Full working knowledge of and experience in holistic social campaign, holistic brand campaign and brand identity development
- Strong knowledge of each step of the campaign development process, including production choices that elevate and make work exceptional
- Knowledge of current and future technologies impacting marketing and consumers
- Ability to inspire and lead creative teams
- Excellent presentation, communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to understand clients’ brand, marketing and business challenges
- Good judgement, highly organized and methodical
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Able to build strong relationships across the team by exhibiting and encouraging healthy and respectful working relationships between team members, with clients and third party vendors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely motivated and willing to take smart risks to create breakthrough work
Experience – Required
- 7+ years of creative management experience
- Experience with Creative Suite, Keynote, Adobe, Microsoft Office
- 3+ years of experience in pitching to clients in an agency environment.
- Previous experience within a digital or creative agency
- Expertise in social/digital, ecommerce and mobile