Beauty Category Creative Director / New York
A Creative Director at Spring Studios will be recognized in the industry as a key player, someone who creatives and brands alike seek to work with. As an agency leader they should demonstrate an exceptional creative mind and an outstanding aesthetic that inspires teams and elevates our offer. We are looking for someone with deep expertise and experience in the beauty category, has passion for it and knows all the key image making and production talent (photographers, directors, stylists etc). Someone who understands the codes of beauty and when they should be intentionally challenged. Digitally savvy, someone who is hungry to find new ways to innovate and create. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced, highly focused manner with the client and/or agency teams. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to connect the dots between business, brand, marketing goals, channels, culture, society and technologies and lead teams to deliver award winning, industry recognized work, from concept to completion.
- Become the key driver of business on a global advertising account.
- Produce award winning or outstanding work that impacts agency perception.
- Able to run global campaigns and fully generate and articulate concepts with minimal involvement from Executive Creative Directors.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor, inspire and empower creative team members at all levels to produce compelling concepts and develop skills.
- Partner with Account Directors and other senior staff to develop business strategies.
- Able to articulately and successfully present work to C-level managers at sizable brands.
- Work successfully with and inspire members of all other departments including accounts, production and strategy.
- Develop solid client relationships with C-level clients on key accounts.
- Proven ability to upsell and scale business growth.
- Manage creative team direct reports, including annual reviews and setting quarterly KPIs as agreed with ECD.
- Own, craft and produce work that is of an exceptional aesthetic standard.
- Work with internal marketing teams on communicating Spring’s brand presence in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates true leadership quality across the agency and organization.
- A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of traditional and digital marketing and strategy as well as a deep appreciation for all aspects of culture.
- Display a strong understanding of luxury, fashion, beauty and retail sectors
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Provide creative direction on a combination of holistic campaigns, ecommerce/site design, content creation and conceptual integrated projects to exceed the clients’ expectations. Lead mid-level and junior creative teams and sessions to progress client projects.
- Impart the Spring brand sensibility into all creative output, by championing a deep understanding of the quality and look/feel befitting Spring’s elevated and innovative vision.
- Think conceptually and ideate for holistic and digitally powered brand campaigns, even if not requested within briefs. Develop concepts to suit the client’s needs, budget and timeframe while smartly upselling additional agency work.
- Drive agency growth through participation or leadership of business pitches, including both identifying new opportunities and up-selling/cross-selling in existing client relationships.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Characteristics
- Full working knowledge of and experience in holistic social campaign, holistic brand campaign and brand identity development
- Strong knowledge of each step of the campaign development process, including production choices that elevate and make work exceptional
- Knowledge of current and future technologies impacting marketing and consumers
- Ability to inspire and lead creative teams
- Excellent presentation, communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to understand clients’ brand, marketing and business challenges
- Good judgement, highly organized and methodical
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Able to build strong relationships across the team by exhibiting and encouraging healthy and respectful working relationships between team members, with clients and third party vendors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely motivated and willing to take smart risks to create breakthrough work
- Has a proven track record of producing award winning 360 concepts.
- Has received recognition for innovative work in the field of advertising.
- Is active in the creative community as a thought leader
- Has 10 years creative management experience.
- Has 4-5 years of creating global campaigns.
- Is able to fully articulate campaign concepts that present to the client.
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com