Spring is home to a global community of affluential industry leaders, creators, marketers and entrepreneurs in the business of shaping contemporary culture.
Combining a creative agency, studios, state-of-the art production infrastructure and event space with a professional members club and workspace, Spring Studios delivers premium branding, content and experiences for aspirational brands and cultural institutions. The members of the club and the influencers that attend our programmed happenings provide a unique actionable network and audience base.
In collaboration with our creative community and partners, Spring Studios is reimagining brand building and engaging the most influential audiences within nine curated cultural verticals: fashion, film, art, beauty, wellness, culinary, music, travel and sustainability.
Spring Studios is looking for a Creative Director M&S.
The Creative Director will ensure creative consistency, quality of art direction and styling across all M&S Ecommerce studios.
This role will also have responsibility for managing team members across the Eccommerce account, specifically Art Directors and CD’s. The successful candidate will be a person that can manage with an inclusive, supported approach but has the skill set to lead and guide the team, delivering on all required areas to ensure success of the M&S account.
- Overseeing quality of art direction and styling across all Ecommerce studios.
- Ensure the brand integrity and aesthetic is maintained across M&S WW, Lingerie, MW, KW and Still Life photography.
- An experienced manager – responsible for managing the output of the photographers and stylists.
- Able to demonstrate and translate concepts and catwalk trends (to include hair & make-up) within a commercial context, relaying this information into seasonal reports and presentations.
- Client facing at a senior level. Experienced in presenting creative.
- Attend press days and produce seasonal trend reports if required by M&S.
- Work and interpret briefs from the M&S Marketing and Creative Teams.
- Clearly communicate creative ideas and direction using visual mood boards and references where necessary.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the brand and customer identity.
- A creative director with a background in WW styling – ability to lead styling on premium ranges/ and shoots with outfitting.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure all briefs are fully communicated to the teams.
- Manage expectations within the Ecommerce studios.
- Responsible for suggesting direction with styling, hair and make-up.
- Work closely with the production team to build the roster with competitive talent, photographers, stylists, hair and make-up.
- Work closely with the photographic team to carry through creative briefs.
- Support production team and account management with creative input on test shoots.
- Attend meetings where necessary both internally and externally and contribute confidently.
- Style Guides – responsible for ensuring the onset Style Guides are relevant and up to date
- Previous experience working for or consulting for a large retailer in Ecommerce.
- Able to juggle and adapt to multiple, fluid deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Experience of managing a team or reports. Demonstrated experience of galvanising and leading a team to deliver and succeed is preferable.
- BA degree in Fashion preferable but not essential.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative skills.
- Proficient in Keynote and able to put a client facing deck together efficiently and quickly.
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills and calm under pressure.
if you are interested in applying please send your CV & Portfolio to LDN-Recruitment@springstudios.com
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Reports to: Jo Mottershead, Global MD Production