Group Account Director / New York
The Group Account Director is the main driving force for this key client relationship in the agency portfolio. They are responsible for identifying opportunities and ways to drive incremental revenue, flagging potential risk to future scopes as well as taking overall responsibility for the successful management and delivery of a project.
They will be responsible for managing a team – ensuring they have the necessary guidance, support, development and opportunity to deliver against the client scope. Within this team they will need to act as the conduit between strategy and delivery as well as champion and supporter of creative ideas and innovation. They will need to partner closely with internal producers as projects move into production.
They should have a passion in the beauty category and have an avid interest in online behaviours. Like all Spring employees we are interested in talent who are culturally curious and thrive on an ability to push boundaries and innovate.
- Act as a trusted and strategic advisor to the client.
- Understand clients business – spanning industry trends, business issues, and opportunities.
- Thinks beyond the project list.
- Partner with planning team to develop the vision for the brand.
- Converts ideas into projects that generate business.
- Work alongside creative and strategy to ensure the work is anchored by a solid insight.
- Prepare the ground for creative presentation by pre selling the insight, and planning the creative sale.
- Understand the value of a creative idea and truly champion it – take the lead to protect strong creative product.
- Push the agency teams to deliver beyond client expectations, and encourage the use of new technologies, channels and ‘never-been-done-before’ approaches.
- Ensure that all work developed and presented is relevant, on brief and in keeping with the client’s brand objectives.
Production & Project Management
- Oversee all production and project management, working with the departments but taking ultimate responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Effectively oversee client budgets.
- Build and develop senior level strategic relationships with clients.
- Challenge the client’s thinking in a positive way.
- Be the source of information on the clients business on any internal meetings, using the knowledge to fuel the creative process.
- Build the trust of the client through clear direction, honesty and integrity.
- Oversee and approve all administrative paperwork, such as weekly status reports, contact reports, and estimates before these are provided by the agency.
- Inspire, motivate and drive all members of the agency team.
- Manage the account team effectively and ensure that all members of the team understand their responsibilities and expectations.
- Manage the agency’s various functions in order to provide clients with a comprehensive, consistent, and cohesive agency effort.
- Brings good judgement and stress management to crisis situations.
- Take responsibility for the financial health of the account.
- Strive to grow the business by identifying opportunities to expand the client scope.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial management of the account including fee proposals, estimating and billing.
- Provide financial forecasts each month.
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org