Head of Growth / New York
Spring is an innovative 360 agency creating communications for fashion, beauty, lifestyle and luxury brands. We connect culture, creativity and ideas to transform brands and drive aspiration for consumers globally.
As part of a global multi service group, Spring includes the integrated creative agency, end-to-end production, state-of-the-art studios and is home to prestigious events. Founded in London in the late ’90s, Spring started strictly as studio space for still and motion shoots. As the studios hosted more and more leading photographers, publications and brands, the company expanded, building audiences within fashion, beauty and luxury and creating global prestige campaigns, engaging content, and high-end cultural events. In 2013, Spring expanded to New York and in 2017 it launched in Milan.
The Head of Growth is responsible for business development & strategy for Spring New York. This person is responsible for identifying business opportunities, developing relationships, understanding clients’ critical business strategies and objectives, and ultimately winning new brand clients for Spring. This position oversees all new business growth efforts across our 360 agency and also collaborates with Shoots/Events and other Spring offices to ensures that all efforts are within the Spring’s strategic growth and development plans. The Head of Growth will be expected to drive business development and frame Spring’s strategic offering to new prospects and existing clients.
In this role, you will work closely with a talented team of account people, strategists and creatives, and leadership executives while managing new relationships from lead generation and RFP response to capabilities meetings and kicking off successful relationships—and unlock continued value from current relationships.
We are looking for an intelligent self-starter with a strong proclivity to think out of the box to identify opportunities and execute on leads. Someone able to work in a fast paced, highly focused manner with the client, agency, and other Spring business units to get a clear and detailed understanding of what the challenges are from a business point-of-view and execute on them.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop scalable, client-centric commercial strategies across the agency
- Optimize and implement the positioning of Spring strategic solutions to prospects
- Establish strategies to meet business revenue objectives (business plan)
Build & Manage Sales Pipeline + Process:
- Consistently drive prospects into leads through high-volume organic and cold outreach
- Identify key contacts and decision-makers within target companies and build relationships via cold calling, emailing outreach and other means as necessary
- Establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship resulting in highest levels of client and customer satisfaction and account retention, and future business growth plans
- Lead RFP/RFI/pitch process from end-to-end, developing pitch decks which clearly align the brand value proposition with prospects’ interests and capabilities and ensuring quality of final deliverables o Draft detailed and strategic SOWs with concise business terms, with keen focus on margin optimizations
- Serve as first point of contact for agency clients and partners
- Manage and attend meetings and pitches to assess chemistry fit
Operations and Results:
- Run goal-oriented deal processes
- Manage complex sales opportunities and processes with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Prepare key milestone sales forecasts and performance reports, analyzing and updating as required
- Lead the successful negotiation of SOW terms on behalf of Spring and clients
- Collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and manage a team to consistently and successfully deliver executions of complex program/projects
- Package work, such as case studies and other agency capability materials, based on stakeholder input
- Benchmark industry best practices and share insights on trends, industry, and client account health
Qualifications, Skills and Characteristics – Required
- 8-10+ years in professional services, business-to-business and/or sales environments, ideally at a renowned company
- Strong leadership, long-range strategic planning, and time-management skills
- Strong track record of building long-term client relationships with executive and senior leadership within an assigned book of business through a hands-on, organized approach
- Robust existing network of contacts across multiple sectors within the US market, and ideally globally
- Proven track record of effectively negotiating and closing deals, cultivating growing partnerships across multiple sectors—particularly for major brands
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Experience working in a matrixed organization and comfortable navigating complex structures, working with businesses and key decision-makers across levels of an organization
- Exceptional presentation, communication skills, and presence across phone, video, email, in-person meetings, etc. –must be able to powerfully command a room
- Business savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Must be open to travel as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Characteristics – Preferred
- Prior experience working with beauty, fashion, luxury, and aspirational brands
- Familiarity with CRM and Identity Resolution technologies
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience. Salary is also commensurate with experience.