Venue Coordinator/New York
Spring Studios is looking for an experienced Venue Coordinator for our New York facility located in Tribeca.
In this role, candidates will support our team of Venue Producers who act as the primary liaison between the facility and event clients in coordination of all facility services and event activities, within our 120,000 square foot studio and event spaces.
We are looking for candidates with knowledge in the Events and Production industry. Candidates must have some production experience with the ability to communicate well with vendors and clients from the preliminary planning of an event through to execution. The ideal candidate is expected to support the success of our events with an eye for detail, and always be an enthusiastic team player.
Under the direction of the Head of Event Production and Venue Producers, the Venue Coordinator will work both productively and cooperatively in a team environment, and will follow established processes to ensure smooth execution of all events.
- Act as support for day-‐to-‐day contact for clients, vendors and facility departments in order to plan and organize all event related production and logistics
- Act as a guide for clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, venue policies and procedures
- Keep clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, studio set-‐up specifications, insurance requirements, production schedules and other related details
- Provide clear, concise and timely communications of detailed requirements to operational departments and service providers
- Maintain close contact with clients and venue staff needs to maintain optimum venue operations and ensure successful events
- Hosting and conducting venue tours, site inspections and displaying a solid knowledge of technical capabilities of the venue
- Communicate between departments to ensure seamless transition for events, photo shoots and venue needs
- Preform necessary administrative tasks to include distribution of event orders, reports, budgets, etc.
- Be onsite eyes and ears during load-‐in, event execution and load-‐out
- Attend weekly status meeting with Events Team members
- Adhoc duties as assigned by Head of Event Production and Venue Producers
- During events, assist the Venus Producer who is directing and supervising staff in preparing the facility.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Characteristics – Required
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent education combined with work experience in the production or event planning industry
- At least 1+ years of venue event producing and/or event planning experience, with an emphasis in the corporate events market and/or hospitality industry
- Previous experience with fashion/luxury brands, including New York Fashion Week is a plus
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced work environment with very tight deadlines
- Highly professional written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, be detail oriented, organized and maintain confidentiality
- This position requires the ability to interact with all types of people. Must be able to get along with co-‐workers, clients, vendors and visitors to the venue.
- Candidates must be able and willing to work a varied schedule, which may include nights, overnights, weekends, holidays, extended work hours and extended number of days as the events schedule determines the workweek
- Must be proficient in in the following computer programs: MS Office Suite, Mac Products and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and AutoCAD/Vectorworks is preferred but not required
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com