Venue Producer/ New York
TheVenueProducerfor Spring Studios servesastheprimaryliaisonbetweeneventclients and the venue, including internal teams, external stakeholders and event partners. The candidate must be able to understand objectives, communicate effectively and be adept at driving schedules + managing expectations.Knowledgeof the event & production industry is required, with at least 3+ years of event production / project management experience preferred, particularly in a high volume venue.Candidatesmusthave the ability to simultaneously drive multiple projects while providing excellent client service and maintain robust attention to detail. In addition, they would be expected to contribute positively to the Spring Studios event department and consistently be an enthusiastic team player.
Under the direction of the Senior Venue Producer and Head of Operations, the Venue Producer will work independently on assigned projects and work cooperatively to support all venue events. They will also followestablishedprocesses & enforce venue policiestoensuresmoothexecutionofallevents and gatherings.
Key Responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Actasmain venue point of contactforclients,and manage all event logistics from receipt of contract from Sales team to Final billing with Finance team.
- Guide clients in preparation of events by arranging venue tours, studio site inspections and production meetings. Assist client with interpretingcontractprovisions,venuepoliciesandbuilding procedures, all while having solid knowledge of the technical capabilities of the venue.
- Keep clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to permit deadlines, floor plan submissions, insurance requirements, production schedules and other related details
- Provide clear, concise and timely communications of detailed requirements to internal departments, service providers and 3rdparty vendors.
- Maintain close contact with clients and venue staff needs to maintain optimum venue operations and ensure successful events
- Communicate between departments to ensure seamless transition for events, photo shoots and venue needs
- Preformnecessaryadministrativetaskstoincludedistributionofproduction schedules,reports,budgets,
- Manage filing of all permits including Street Activity Permits, Temporary Place of Assembly, and Temporary Structure permits.
- Develop and manage budgets for events ranging from $5,000 to $1,000,000.
- Track all event related costs, vendor invoices, and manage post-event reconciliation.
- During events, the Venue Producer will direct and supervise staff in preparing the facility, be on site during load in, event execution and load out
- Participate in weekly departmental & interdepartmental status / forecasting meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent education combined with work experience in the production or event planning industry
- At leas t3+years of venue event producing and/or event project management experience, with an emphasis in theNew York market.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, be detail oriented, organized and maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable being in a highly visible positon with skill to collaborate with all types of people, as well as work with a tight knit department that communicates at all times.
- Candidates must be able and willing to work a varied schedule, which may include nights, overnights, weekends, holidays, extended work hours and extended number of days as the events schedule determines the work week.
- Must be proficient in the following computer programs:MSOfficeSuite, MacProducts and Adobe Creative Suite. Ability to work in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop andAutoCAD/Vector works is preferred but not required
Please submit resume, cover letter and event portfolio to email@example.com