Challenge
 

OPPORTUNITY TO ATTRACT A NEW AUDIENCE

 

Hyundai needed to find new ways to demonstrate their commitment to building a more sustainable manufacturing process and fuel new solutions to achieve their sustainability goals.

Consumer Insight

BRAND PREFERENCE DRIVEN BY SHARED VALUES

Younger consumers, when given a choice, will choose a brand aligned with their values, and sustainable behaviour is at the forefront of their agenda. They want to buy into brands whose ethos is demonstrable and reflects their own.
 

 
Cultural Insight

SEEING WASTE AS A SHARED OPPORTUNITY

As the general public became increasingly aware of the complexity of sustainability, it become equally apparent that change would be born through equally championing everyone taking action.
 

 
Brand Insight

HYUNDAI RECYCLES ONLY 90% OF SCRAP

Hyundai recycles 90% of materials. What about the remaining 10%? Hyundai has a dedicated and ambitious sustainability programme and constantly challenged itself to improve its practices.
Idea

HYUNDAI RE:STYLE PROGRAM

A unique limited collection that presents up-cycled fashion not just as a conceptual experiment, but as a sustainable, commercially viable endeavour with a purpose. Engaging six conscious designers to recreate their signature pieces using up-cycled raw materials, creating a community around shared passion for conscious creativity.

 
Execution

THE COLLECTION

From Richard Quinn, Public School, Rosie Assoulin, Alighieri Jewellery, pushBUTTON and E.L.V. DENIM was available online and in-store at Selfridges, as part the store’s Project Earth campaign, with all proceeds going to the British Fashion Council’s Institute of Positive Fashion. A mix of IGTV live and intimate IRL designer events, as well as influencer partnerships drove global conversation around the collection and their unique origins.
 

 
Results
 
250M global reach, 31.8M social engagements and press accolades including, “Hyundai Motor is solidifying its position as a world-leading sustainable lifestyle brand.” – Elle.com